Monday, November 18, 2013

I Am Left Without

Have you ever felt betrayed?

I have.


Betrayed like a child without a mother.


Betrayed by god when I've felt all alone.


Betrayed when a son dies of cancer.

Betrayed when your friend forgets you.

Betrayed like a dog left in a pound to die.

Betrayed like a toy resting in the dust of the shelves of DI.

Betrayed like a divorce.

Betrayed like another bruise that appears on my mother's face.

Betrayed like a father who abandons his family.


Betrayed like the day I died in a car crash. I saw glimpses fading in and out until I felt tingling in my heart, my eyes shot open suddenly and I was gasping; my throat tightened because smoke had filled the car. My mouth was stained with a gagging sensation of metal. My neck felt like concrete but the urge to see my mother took over all my thoughts. I finally turned my head rewarded with immense pain and a sudden snap. My body began to convulse and the corners of my vision blotched with blackness. I willed myself to stay alert enough to see my mother, and I soon spotted her lying on her back a few yards from the car. She laid motionless, and if that wasn't enough to assume her death; the large shard of metal protruding from her stomach would be. Exasperated I let into my body shutting down, but not before something in the car was sizzling, it began to scorch my skin, then it was over.

She lived.

Did I betray her?

Did she betray me?

No comments:

Post a Comment