Sunday, November 24, 2013

How It Feels Just To Breathe With No Air

The car shifts and grumbles on the rock laden road. A beat up truck cruised along, it had rust covering more of it's surface than paint and the left tire in the back is extremely flat. Each rock we hit I'm slammed against the side of the truck and I'm positive that this truck is going to explode if we go any further.

As if this ride couldn't get any worse it was, starting with when I was thrown into the back wrapped in a potato sack with my hands and feet bound together....

A slimy wet cloth is choking me and some fume soaked into the linen swept up into my lungs. My brain begun to careen out of control and all I could do was lay down and pass out.

I come to my senses and start panicking when I realize I am in a claustrophobic potato sack. I willed myself to take deep breaths and stay as calm as possible but that's pretty hard when I've realize I have been kidnapped.

A few more hours and the truck coughs to a halt. I listen closely to try and determine where we could possibly be. Unstoppable tears careen off my face and all my hope begins to crumple in on itself like plastic in a blazing fire. "I love you" forms on my lips for my family, but I know that it won't ever make it to them.

The doors open and slam simultaneously and I hear the men's ruffled low voices continue the conversation from when they were in the car.

"I've told you that we've been duped." said one on the left side of me.

The other man yelled "Well then what are we supposed to do with her?!"

I could sense their gazes had  fallen upon me and I almost shrieked, because I could almost feel their hands on me again, picking me up and ripping me away from my house.

They went to the hood of the car and began to whisper together and as much as I possibly strained my ears I could not hear what they had planned for me.

I began to panic, the air in this sack was becoming tight and humid, my asthma began to kick in.

They came back to the end of the truck, opened up the latch and hopped up into the back of the truck and stood inches from me.

All at once they grabbed me from the sack and held a chunk of my hair and ripped me forward into the darkness.

Now I could see where I was and I started screaming as they pulled me closer and closer to the water of the ocean. The cool sand prickled my feet and I tried pulling away and fighting but it was all too painful.

Tears blurred my vision and my ears began to ring.

Before I knew it water had elapsed all around my body and I felt encased as if in jell-o. I tried struggling and clawing at whoever was behind me but he was far too strong for me to do anything.

Fear pumped through my body as I realized this was the end. There is no other feeling like how it feels to breathe with no air. Because you can't

Water raged in and out and I tried to scream as my chest began to burn like a fire had lit inside my lungs and blackness began to take over my vision.

My body grew weak and I try once more to flail and try to escape but then it all went silent and I knew I had lost.


 Soon after I became blinded by a light that encompassed my surroundings as far as I could see. I felt my legs move toward it so I let them.

 I walked into the light and I never looked back
because I couldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment