Friday, October 25, 2013

The Moon

I wake up suddenly wheezing and my throat tight. My body trembles because yet again I dreamed of death. 

I dreamed of silence but not peace and I dreamed of darkness that inhabited me. Tears well up in my eyes 

because I finally realize that I am helpless because nothing can save me from my inner self. My dreams 

cannot be stopped or put in handcuffs and sent to jail. They are apart of me; a darker deeper side which is 

threatening to whisk away all my light.It all happens too fast and I start to feel my body convulse as the 

effects take hold; a searing pain that shoots in through my veins like a paralyzing drug. My body begins to 

bend and my bones break; with every snap I feel renewed strength unlike anything I could have felt before. 

My skin stretches and rage starts to pilot every inch of my being. It feels as if hot coals are being pressed 

into my pores and a yell starts to build up inside of my lungs until it overflows and bursts into a low 

monstrous bellow. My teeth grow into incisors, my fingernails stretch out inches from my finger tips as long 

sharpened claws. The pain twists the world in front of me and it all fades into black. Soon after I slowly start 

to fade in 

and out as if I'm drunk. I come to my senses but all I can do is spectate as my body is running through the 

narrow, dank woods. leaves and branches crunch underneath my weight and a muffled pant is escaping 

from my throat. I stop briefly on the side of a large mountain cliff and search up among the stars for the 

moon. Howls echo off the mountain range and ring through out the forest below. Sadness wells up in my 

soul; one bite, one mistake and now this is what I have become. I try to scream out loud in pain and 

frustration, but it seems that I am just a prisoner in this body that is no longer my own. Why must wolves 

howl at the moon? I guess it's now my turn to find out. 

2 comments: